Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Mother's Day Weekend

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day weekend. My parents came to visit over the weekend, and we kept quite busy. They arrived Friday night, about 10 minutes after I got home from work, so I was still changing clothes when they pulled in. After helping them unload the truck, we fixed and ate dinner, and after cleaning up, I had to go grocery shopping for food for the weekend. They wanted my Amish Breakfast Casserole for breakfast, which can be prepared the night before, but I didn't have everything I needed, so off I went to the store. By the time I got back home and had breakfast ready to be put in the oven in the morning, it was after 12:30, and both Mom and Dad were in bed asleep. I then met up with AQ and LOW at IHOP for a short visit. AQ and POD had just completed the opening night performance of "The Saga of the Golden Horseshoe...or, That was No Lady, That was My Filly!" a melodrama presented by Word of Mouth Productions. By the time I got home, wound down, and got to bed, it was after 4:30 in the morning. As it turns out, Mom and Dad didn't even know I had been gone. It seems a bit odd that the first time I ever snuck out of the house after my parents went to bed happened in my own house.

Anyway, Saturday morning around 8:00 I put breakfast in the oven. After breakfast, we spent the day looking a houses like what my parents want me to build for them up in Sherman, came home in time to start dinner (fish, beer battered onion rings, scalloped potatoes, followed by home grown strawberries and lemon cake...mmmm...Some of the browncoats can attest to the fish and onion rings. Let me know, and I'll post the recipe) and welcome my brother and his family, who ate with us. After spending the evening with the entire family, I again found myself at IHOP, this time with the entire group of browncoats, but was so full I didn't eat, and so tired, I don't remember a single thing said. I do remember that AQ had twisted her ankle during the first of two performances that day, so she had it propped up on the seat and wrapped tight.

Sunday after church, I got my chance to see the WOMP of "The Saga of the Golden Horseshoe...or, That was No Lady, That was My Filly!" which was unlike any theater production I had ever seen, but I highly recommend it. It's good clean fun. I'm going again this Friday with the others from the Young Professionals who signed up to go.

After the production, my parents and I met up with AQ and her parents (sounds like a drama itself doesn't it) and we went out to eat at Maggiano's. We even took a few pictures. Though exhausting, it was a good weekend. I think I need the week to recover though.

Hope everyone had a good Mother's Day.

No comments: