Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, July 09, 2006

I'm Still Here

Just in case you were wondering, I'm still here, and there's a lot going on. I haven't forgotten about you guys, or the blog, and I still intend to gear a few posts towards "The DaVinci Code" once I'm done reading it. That's right, I'm still reading it. I'm not quite half way thru it, and one of the main threads at this point seems to be the idea of the sacred feminine. Also, one of his tricks is to use carefully chosen (and carefully omitted) historical facts, such as information concerning the Brotherhood of the Nights Templar, adding fiction in the historical gaps, and integrating that into his fictional story. To give this account "credibility", the character used to divulge the information is a "learned" man in the academic world. Anyway, enough of that for now.

Another activity in process, in addition to the shower tile I've been working on, is preparing to build my parents house in Sherman. I have been given permission to use one of my companies floor plans (after jumping thru a few hoops and signing my life away), and I should be getting the revised plans back from the draftsman some time next week. It's going on a golf course lot, and is a single story house, which runs about 3500 s.f. The major change is making the garage 3 feet deeper for dad's truck, and extending the garage to a 4 car so there's room for a shop area. Anyway, the sooner I get it done and built, the better. I have some of their stuff boxed up in my house and garage, and I would like the space back.

Today, I went to my first Sci-Fi Expo. Most of the stuff was interesting to see, but I was more interested in the autographed photos. Thanks to PoD, who introduced me to Firefly and Serenity, and AQ, who has a sizable collection of autographs, I have started my own collection of autographed photos. I pulled out my script of "Return of the Jedi" which was given to me years ago by a college roommate, and now have autographs from David Prowse (Darth Vader) and Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) on the title page. I also picked up:



One of my favorite characters from the prequel movies, Ray Park as Darth Maul!!

The main reason for going however was to get an autograph from Allan Tudyk, who plays Wash in the Firefly series and the movie Serenity.

I also got to set in on an hour long Question and Answer session, which was really cool.

Maybe next time one of the other actors from Serenity will be there, and I'll be able to add a second autograph to my Firefly cast photo.

On a less upbeat note, A member of our singles group lost her Grandpa this week to a stroke. My prayers are with you Christina.

PoD, hang in there, I'm praying for you.

Ta for now,

Darcy

What would men be without women? Scarce, sir...mighty scarce.

- Mark Twain

No comments: