Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Finished Brick and Stain

The brick and stone on the outside is now complete. Now I have to deal with the rain and try to get the yard graded, the sewer, electric, phone and cable undergrounds in, the exterior concrete poured, and the sprinkler, sod and landscape installed. I know we need the rain in the worst way, but wow...every time it dries out enough to do dirt work, we get another downpour, and since the grade isn't completed, the yard holds water and I have to wait another week. Luckily, though I'm loosing time on the outside, that isn't keeping me from progress on the interior...yet.

I have to say, this will be one of the nicest garages I've ever seen.


The box bay window in the kitchen nook has a paint grade window seat with storage.

The kitchen cabinets have been stained and covered to protect them from the rest of the painting process...


As have the family room built-in cabinets, mantle...



...and the pass thru from the family room to the kitchen.

I can't wait to get this house finished, for one thing to get it off my plate of things that I have to get done in a certain amount of time, for another that the holidays are fast approaching, but mostly due to the stress is is putting on my parents and myself. My poor parents have been living in a 30' fifth wheel since they sold their last house in June. Come the weekend before Thanksgiving, they will have lived in tight quarters for 5 months!!! I hope to have them where they can start moving in furniture by the first weekend in December. Wish me luck!!!

This weekend, the painting will be completed, the countertops will all be installed, and the security and HVAC will be completed. Next week will be reserved exclusively for wall and floor tile installation.

Until then, in the words of Steve Smith, "Keep your stick on the ice."

No comments: