Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, March 10, 2007

00:00:00 = Wedding Day

Well, it's finally here...the wedding day. I've never actually wigged out, but I can tell I'm a little stressed, as I am lacking in patience. I hope everyone understands. Anyway, the rehearsal went well last night, and the rehearsal dinner @ Bucca di Beppo was a smashing success. Everyone raved about the food, and a good time was had by all. I made the rounds about the room a couple of times, trying to visit with everyone there, and grab a few bites of dinner between the laps. The Princess Room was next to ours, and my little niece, who is about 2 1/2, showed up in Taylor's arms with a tiara and a little plastic wand with a star at the end. She was adorable. I hope someone got a picture. I know I didn't get everyone introduced to everyone else, so for those I missed, or didn't get to talk to much, sorry about that. There were a lot of people.

On the way home from the dinner, we ran into some traffic, as there had been a fatality accident on HWY 75, and they had shut down the freeway. We did eventually make it home thanks to the back roads, and I made it to bed by about 1:30, and surprisingly, slept very well.

This morning I woke up at about 7:45, fed and played with the dog, had the dog wake up Chad, who is a long time friend from where we grew up, and made our way to IHOP for a big breakfast. I've now packed, and it's about 2:30 and time for me to shower, shave and dress. Still no nerves. I guess I just know that this is the right decision, and though there will be some rough times, we are both committed for the duration, and there will be many more times of good. There is nothing that can happen that we can't work out together with God, for without God, nothing is possible. He is the ever important third strand that will hold our marriage together for all time.

I'll be sure to post some pictures after we get back.

See you all on the other side...

1 comment:

Ranee said...

Hi Michael! Its me Ranee.

Long time no chat. I'm so happy to read this post. Wish I could have been there for your guys special moment.

I created a new blog but I have no idea what to do. I'll have to learn up. lol

I keep in contact with Christi here and there. Glad to see you are doing so wonderfully!