Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Rough Mechanics

Well, the rough mechanics are complete, minus a few corrections that need to be made. On Saturday, I got up at 5:30 to meet my brother and uncle at the house to finish installation of the windows and temporary doors. Monday through Wednesday will be corrections to the rough mechanics and insulation. Drywall is to be delivered on Wednesday afternoon, and is on schedule to be hung Thursday, with tape and bed of drywall to start on Friday. As far as the outside is concerned, I am now waiting on delivery of the brick and stone. I hope to be started on the brick before the end of the week.

Windows and doors are in...Just waiting on the brick

Looking from the kitchen through the pass through into the family room

Looking from the family room through the extended entry to the entry and dining room beyond.

We decided to use 1/2 inch decking on the lower 1/3 of the garage walls to protect against bumpers and car doors.


"Say hello to my little friend!" Poor Kiri has been cooped up in the back yard for too long, so we decided to bring her along for a little walk. She had to wait for me to complete the walk through of the house, and I had to tie her to the frame since she almost outweighs Taylor, making her too big for her to control.

No comments: